CENTURYVALLEN (NOW VALLEN) HOLDS COMPANY-WIDE BRANCH SAFETY REPRESENTATIVE MEETING
In May 2013, CenturyVallen (now Vallen) held its first Branch Safety Representative meeting. BSRs from B.C. to Ontario attended. BSRs are a Health, Safety & Environment resource person for every branch.
As well as a chance to meet each other and share experiences, BSRs took the 2-day course, Leadership for Safety Excellence, presented by the Alberta Construction Safety Association (ACSA).
The HSE department presented topics and training on:
• BSR Roles & Responsibilities
• Provincial WCB/WSIB Awareness
• Provincial OH&S Legislative Requirements
• Certificate of Recognition (COR) and Safety Auditing
• Incident Reporting Responsibilities and Procedures
• Inspection Requirements and Responsibilities
• Investigation Requirements, Process and Responsibilities
• Due Diligence and Documentation
In addition to the meetings and training, the BSRs were also able to tour the Edmonton, Eastgate, Central Distribution Centre.
The BSR meeting concluded with presentation of Certificates of Training, signed by Guy Mersereau, President of CenturyVallen (now Vallen) followed by a wind-up dinner.